On September 23, 2021, Alex Procope presented a case law update alongside Lisa Filgiano counsel at the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee. Practice Gems: Estates Administration 2021 was an online professional development program presented by the Law Society of Ontario. It covered topics including the unsettled law respecting beneficiary designations, compensation of lawyers acting as executors, non-resident beneficiaries, digital assets, creditor issues and jointly held assets.
The program was chaired by Susannah Roth and Jag Gandhi and papers and talks were also provided by:
- Alexandra Manthorpe, Cunningham, Swan, Carty, Little & Bonham LLP
- Andrea Hill, Turkstra Mazza Associates
- Jordan Oelbaum, Schnurr Kirsh Oelbaum Tator LLP
- Sunita Doobay, Blaney McMurtry LLP
- Sharon Hartung, Your Digital Undertaker
- Craig Ross, Pallett Valo LLP
- Stephanie Battista, O’Sullivan Estate Lawyers
PBP lawyers represent parties and executors in various contentious estate matters including trust claims against beneficiary designated accounts. If you or one of your loved one needs representation in an estate litigation matter please contact us.